Fall 2016 class assignments
- Learner selfie due 9/5
- Visualizing place completed in class on 9/5 | Finished Student work
- Lesson Study due 9/12 | Sample lesson-study-sample-16 | Finished Student work
- Historical Thinking due 10/3 | Finished Student work
- Document Based Lesson Design Project various due dates | Finished student work
- Second lesson study – be prepared with a 4 minute pitch with a lesson idea (not the same lesson as your document-based lesson) due 11/31
- Managing student discussion groups – go to our Toolkit: Student-Centered Prompts for inspiration. Come to class on 11/14 and tell us how you used one with your students, or lead us in an activity.
- Write a reflection (in our blog) on our exploration of classroom discussion techniques Due 11/20
Image credit: Library of Congress fsac 1a34584
“Camouflage class in New York University, where men and women are preparing for jobs in the Army or in industry, New York, N.Y. They make models from aerial photographs, re-photograph them, then work out a camouflage scheme and make a final photograph”
Collins, Marjory, 1912-1985, photographer.