This class will begin with a review of the learning activities designed by students in our last assignment. Next we will discuss critical components of a good learning activity.
Students will develop and deliver a 20-25 min lesson in their assigned class
- 9/23 – Renee, Maddy, Jacquie, Cody
- 9/30 – Jose, Jarrett, Casey
Students should also do a blog post that previews the lesson – noting:
- target audience
- content (what will be studied)
- process (what will you do – what will students do)
- resources for lessons
About the lesson The lesson should a historical thinking skills lesson. Specific content of lesson is up to you. If you can get the timing right, we can offer you feedback before you use it with your students.
- This lesson should be delivered as if we were your class.
- Your peers will serve as participant observers noting lesson content, nature of the student task, lesson delivery and student workflow.
- Feel free to design a flipped lesson in advance and let the class know of your plans and required viewing.
- If you have a significant amount of reading required, send it to us in advance.
- After your delivery of the lesson go back and edit your post with synopsis of what you learned from our class feedback.