Students will design and publish a document-based lesson (DBL) which includes the following:
- Introduction of the DBL with brief historic context as needed.
- Essential question. Open ended, invites discussion / debate. If possible phrase so it continues to be a relevant question.
- Clear statement of what students will be asked to do. For example : What historical thinking skills will they be working with?
- About 5 – 8 related documents (image, text, video, audio) that will support the essential question and task.
- Each document must have a citation that includes a working hyperlink back to the source.
- Scaffolding question for each document to assist the student in examining the document (Could be Sourcing, Contextualization, Corroborating or Close reading)
Students should publish their final project
by Nov 28th.
Here are some samples from Fall 2020 class using just WordPress
Sample from 2019 using a WordPress intro to Google site that contains most of the content.
Students are free to publish their document based lesson directly to our WordPress site. But if they want more “space” they can consider using Google Sites. Regardless of what format you choose – you will need to do a WordPress post on our site that links to your work elsewhere.
Google Sites: The tool allows you to have multiple pages and to organize your question into separate page / sections. Also good if you plan to integrate other Google tools – for example a Google form