This course will be taught virtually in Fall 2020 semester – over Zoom
This website is supervised by Peter Pappas with contributions from his undergraduate / graduate social studies methods class ~ ED 456/533E at the University of Portland’s School of Education. Peter also teaches ED 424 ~ Computers and Educational Technology at UP.
- Calendar: Find classes and assignments by date here
- Classes: Go directly to each class (most recent first)
- Student posts: all student work (most recent first)
- Student roster: see current (and former) students with link to their portfolio
- Resources: Curated lists of history teaching and ed tech resources
We utilize a practical, hands-on, project-based approach to mastering the art and science of teaching secondary social studies. Our course goals:
- Learn to think like a historian (or other social scientist).
- Become a skillful instructional designer.
- Develop skills for reflection, growth and professional networking.
Peter Pappas, the instructor, is a University of Portland-based educator, writer and instructional designer exploring frontiers of teaching, jazz, Macs, film, great books, and garlic. He also blogs at Copy / Paste and lurks on Twitter @edteck