This class will begin with a review of the learning activities designed by students in our last assignment. Next we will discuss critical components of a good learning activity.
Students will develop and deliver a 30 min lesson in their assigned class
- 9/24 – Nicole, Nick K, Gabe
- 10/1 – Jana, Nick C, Jordan
Students should also do a blog post that previews the lesson – noting:
- target audience
- content (what will be studied)
- process (what will you do – what will students do)
- resources for lessons
- This lesson should be delivered as if we were your class.
- Your peers will serve as participant observers noting lesson content, nature of the student task, lesson delivery and student workflow.
- Feel free to design a flipped lesson in advance and let the class know of your plans and required viewing.
- If you have a significant amount of reading required, send it to us in advance.
- After your delivery of the lesson go back and edit your post with synopsis of what you learned from our class feedback.