Imagine it’s a few months from now and you are applying for a teaching position. You want to share an example of how you can design an engaging history lesson.
Students will design and publish a document-based lesson (DBL).
Note: You will not “teach” this lesson. But your post should includes the following:
- Featured image and relevant title
- Introduction of the DBL with brief historic context as needed.
- Essential question. Open ended, invites discussion / debate. If possible phrase so it continues to be a relevant question.
- Clear statement of what students will be asked to do. For example : What historical thinking skills will they be working with?
- About 5 – 8 related documents (image, text, video, audio) that will support the essential question and task.
- Each document must have a citation that includes a working hyperlink back to the source.
- Scaffolding question for each document to assist the student in examining the document (Could be Sourcing, Contextualization, Corroborating or Close reading)