Click here to see all classes in reverse chronological order.
- Aug 28: Teachers and Students
- Sept 4: Three Keys to Student Engagement
- Sept 11: Teacher as Curator
- Sept 18: Mission Driven PBL (class meets at Oregon Jewish Museum)
- Sept 25: PBL From Ideas to Action
- Oct 2: Teaching Historical Thinking
- Oct 9: Teaching Historical Thinking – Part II
- Oct 16: No class / Fall break
- Oct 23: Screencasting Techniques
- Oct 30: Teaching Social Studies with Data
- Nov 6: How to lead a conversation that builds student understanding
- Nov 13: Teaching Lab I
- Nov 20: Teaching Lab II
- Nov 27: Design Lab I
- Dec 4: Finishing Up – Design Lab II
Assignments / Blog posts (By Class)
- “Where I’m From” (Due Sept 10) | Student responses
- Curate an exhibit (Due Sept 17) | Student responses
- PBL first reflection (Due Sept 24) | Student responses
- Thinking skill jigsaw (Due Sept 25) | Student responses
- Historical Thinking Lesson (Due Oct 1) | Student responses
- Screencasts / Slidecasts (Due Oct 29) | Student responses
- Data-based lesson (Due Nov 6) | Student responses
- Historical Thinking Lesson 2 (Teaching Lab 1: Nov 13 or Teaching Lab 2: Nov 20)
- Do a post that includes the content you created for Holocaust Memorial Project. Be sure to link back to the project site and you may need a new HTML Snippet.
EnD OF SEMESTER CHECKLIST
- Complete course assessment at SmartEvals
- All blog posts completed – see list here. Don’t forget your Memorial post.
- Finished iBook Author file uploaded to our shared Google Drive
- When in iBooks Author you can create a PDF version – Select Share / Export / Then choose PDF. Then take your PDF and upload to TaskStream for final assessment.
Image credit: Adobe Spark